M.S. and Ph.D. Thesis Submission Schedule of the 2013 Academic year
1. Total Credits
- M. S. students must take a minimum of 36 credits (more than 24 credits in regular courses, 12 credits in
research courses) to get graduated.
- Ph. D. students must take a minimum of 72 credits (more than 42 credits in regular courses, more than 30 credits in research courses) to get graduated.
- Your GPA should be higher than 3.0/4.5(Both M. S. and Ph. D. students).
2. Language Courses
- International students must take at least one Korean class.
3. Foreign Language Proficiency Requirement (Ph. D. candidates only)
- IBT 80 score, CBT 213 score, PBT 550 score
- TOEIC 750 score , -TEPS 600 score , - IELTS 6.5 score
Submission deadline: Before the submission of Ph.D. Thesis
4. Submission of Thesis for M. S. / Ph. D.
- M. S. students: By the end of Nov.
- Ph. D. students: By the end of Oct.
5. Submission of Evaluation Reports of M. S. / Ph. D.
- M. S. students: By the end of Dec.
- Ph. D. students: By the end of Nov.
6. Submission of Approved Dissertation of M. S. / Ph. D.
- M. S. students: By the Jan. 10, 2014
- Ph. D. students: By the Dec. 13, 2013
7. Special Cultural Lecture
Students enrolled in 2005 or later must take both ‘Special Cultural Lecture I’ and ‘Special Cultural Lecture II’.
(**Note: M.S. students should take Special Cultural Lecture I and II within their stay in school, and Ph.D. students within the six semesters.)
2. Ph.D. Student who took Special Cultural Lecture in his/her M.S. course at GIST doesn’t need take Special Cultural Lecture within Ph.D. course.
If you have any further questions, please email Mr. Yoo(email@example.com) in the Section of Academic and Student Affairs.